Crime Prevention

Maps & Statistics

Crime Prevention

Note: In addition to the information presented below, and depending on the severity of the situation, you may also wish to contact the Association's private safety and security personnel - National Public Safety (NPS) at 619-401-9431. NPS can be contacted for many of the "lower priority" incidents to which CVPD is unable to respond to in a timely manner based on their current priorities. Examples include: loitering, loud noise/parties, illegally parked vehicles (especially if in the fire lanes/alleyways), alcohol in common areas, vandalism, etc. If you are in doubt as to whom you should call, use your best judgment or call both NPS and CVPD.

How come it took so long for the Police to respond to my call? – All calls are prioritized with the most urgent or life-threatening calls handled first. [Note: You may need to be persistent in your calling; just try to remain friendly and be understanding of Police priorities/policy. Remember to use 9-1-1 to report emergencies; the CVPD non-emergency number is 619-691-5151.]

How can I get information about Crime Prevention, Neighborhood Watch, and locks? – Contact the Community Relations Unit at 619-691-5127.

I suspect DRUG DEALING activity in my area. What should I do? – Call the CVPD Narcotics Enforcement Team (NET) at 619-691-5054 and advise them (or leave a message) regarding the address of the suspected drug dealers, any vehicle license plate information, and/or names and ages of the suspected drug dealers (if known) and any other pertinent information regarding the location, such as where the dealings are taking place, type of drug (if known) and any other important information that could help our NET team conduct a thorough, proactive investigation into the matter.

There is GRAFFITI in my area. What do I do? – The Citywide Graffiti Coordinator (619-691-5187) has overall responsibility for the City’s response to graffiti. The coordinator develops policies and new programs to reduce graffiti and develop public awareness. To report graffiti, call the Graffiti Hotline at 619-691-5198 or call Public Works Operations at 619-397-6000. [Note: Secondarily, contact our Property Manager if this affects Association buildings/property so arrangements can be made to remove the graffiti in a timely manner.]

I need to obtain a restraining order, who do I call? – South Bay Court at 500 Third Ave. Phone: 619-691-4695.

NOTE: The items listed above are suggestions/recommendations we have received from homeowners or found on other web sites. Neither the Mendocino HOA, its Board of Directors, nor its Property Manager can vouch for any of these suggestions/recommendations. We present them to you "in good faith". We leave it to you to make the appropriate decisions as to whether these items are valid or not for your situation.

Page last modified: May 20, 2007

Home ] Up ] News ] Calendar ] Classifieds ] Outreach ] Documents ] Maps & Statistics ]

Copyright © 2003-2014 Mendocino Homeowners Association. All rights reserved.
Grapevine banner: ABKL Designs by Jan © 2002. All rights reserved.